Jay Nathan's Weblog
Tuesday, May 25, 2004
 
Reinstalling Reporting Services
I've somehow hosed Reporting Services on my server so that whenever I try to access any report (and only reports, not data sources or folders) through Report Manager I get a "You are not authorized to view this page" error in the iframe that would normall display the report. I check the permissions on the directories and ensured that IIS had the proper settings for the Reports and ReportServer v-directories...

I opted for a quick reinstall... If anyone has seen this before, I'd like to know how you fixed it.
Comments:
Check this out (it helped me) - http://weblogs.asp.net/AvnerK/archive/2004/05/19/135146.aspx

SBC
http://weblogs.asp.net/sbchatterjee
 
I have actually worked through that scenario many times as I use several VirtualPC images to do my development with both Reporting Services and SharePoint installed. This particular error was a little different, and I never was able to track down the root cause. Thanks for the link, though!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger